Topics

Dropping Service OS Image from CL

Miguel Bernal Marin

From Clear Linux public mailing list.

Does this decision affect to someone in ACRN?

https://cdn.download.clearlinux.org/current/clear-30310-service-os.img.xz

----- Forwarded message from "Kramer, George T" <george.t.kramer@intel.com> -----

Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 23:01:27 +0000
From: "Kramer, George T" <george.t.kramer@intel.com>
To: "dev@lists.clearlinux.org" <dev@lists.clearlinux.org>
Subject: [Clr-dev] Dropping Service OS Image

DevOps is planning to no longer produce the UEFI-based Service OS image in a week's time by next Thursday 7/18. We are not seeing a good interest in this image anymore. The content will still be provided in Clear and may continue to be installed via the "service-os" bundle with swupd after the image is no longer produced.

Xie, Nanlin

Thanks Miguel for heads up. From ACRN Getting Started Guide, we didn't use "clear-30310-service-os.img.xz" image. It has no impact for ACRN.

Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 23:01:27 +0000
From: "Kramer, George T" <george.t.kramer@intel.com>
To: "dev@lists.clearlinux.org" <dev@lists.clearlinux.org>