ACRN Road Map for 2020
We are continuing our journey, several big milestones are coming in 2020:
• By end of Q2, we will have ACRN v2.0, which will provide a stable reference for Industrial usage.
• Yocto and Ubuntu as service VM and Offline configuration tool, will be introduced in Q1 to support more scalable configuration on ACRN, such as guest VM memory, CPU Cores, HW allocation, etc.
• ACRN already supported Windows as Guest(WaaG), GVT-d for Windows Guest is planned in Q1, which can be used to assign GPU to dedicated Windows Guest and local display will be also assigned to Windows Guest accordingly.
• Device Model in HV to support PCI bridge & config space emulation for Pass-thru devices in the hypervisor and SR-IOV for Ethernet to Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV) for Ethernet are all planned in Q1.
• CPU sharing optimization is continuing till Q2, including support CPU C/P state in hypervisor and improve CPU sharing scheduler based on priority/credit.
• Multiple RTVM and Inter-RTVM communication will be supported in Q3, including support more than one RTVM and provide a high-bandwidth, low-latency inter-VM communication between RTVMs.
• PCIe 4.0 and PCIe 5.0 support are planned in Q2 and Q4.
• There is also ACRN Next Evolution with new feature and architecture in 2nd half 2020, looking forward to the next evolution and more innovations.
*More details can be found in ACRN home page -> “ACRN Road Map for 2020”.