ACRN Project TCM - 22th May 2019
- ACRN project update
- 2nd ACRN Meetup schedule on 6/11-12 in Shanghai, as part of IoT open source community seminar. You’re welcome to register and join! http://meetu.ps/e/GFgCC/FPJRx/f
- CAO, Minggui: Logger Improvement on acrn-dm
Q1: How to sync ACRN timestamp sync with kernel time? Follow kernel rule?
A1: yes, we’ll follow kernel rule for the timestamp. So it is easy to sync with kernel log.
Q2: There’ll be multiple acrn-dm threads when running multi VMs, how to distinguish the acrn-dm log message?
A2: We will add vm index into logger kmsg and disk-file to distinguish the different VM/acrn-dm instances.
Q3: Do we have a filter to filter specific VMs?
A3: Do the filter offline rather online to avoid missing information. We can use the tool name TextAnalysisTool.NET to parse the log message and add some filter to select
which message that we want to check. It is very powerful tool for log analysis. We can use text thttp://textanalysistool.github.io/
Q4: Will be crash dump file saved?
A4: Only core file be saved.
Q5: Any guiding rules for developers to follow in order to fulfill the logger system?
A5: we’ll add some ones in our github website for that.
- All: Community open discussion.
- Next meeting agenda proposal:
||TPM2.0 virtualization in ACRN
||Polling mode Virtio and its advantage for RT VM
||Buffer sharing from UOS to SOS, HyperDMA usage
||USB HUB Virtualization
||ACRN Device Model QoS Design
||ACRN Debug Tips
||GVT-g debug trace tool
||Kata Container Architecture: First Steps with ACRN
||One ACRN hypervisor to support multi-platform
||Power button key mediator design in ACRN
||Local APIC Virtualization Enhancement for Intel KBL platform
||Safety VM Support
||How to customize GPIO in ACRN
||ACRN Cache QoS support based on CAT
||ACRN Real-Time measurement Methodology
||SGX Virtualization in ACRN
||Logger Improvement on acrn-dm
||vUART hotkey switch
||Decouple VM configs and board configs
||S5 support for dm-launched RTVM
||High speed UART share between UOS/SOS
||GPIO Virtualization Update
||Open vSwitch Design for ACRN
||OVMF to support secure boot
- 1st PRC IoT Open Source Meetup, June 11~12’19, Shanghai
- Project URL:
- Portal: https://projectacrn.org
- Source code: https://github.com/projectacrn
- email: info@...g
- Technical Mailing list: acrn-dev@...g
- Recommended Hardware platform (reference):
- Apollo Lake (SoC) UP2 (with serial port): AAEON
- Apollo Lake (SoC) NUC (without serial port): NUC6CAYHL (at
least 8G memory)
- Kabylake (Core) NUC (with serial port): NUC7i5DNHE
Tel: +86-21-6116 7445
MP: +86-1364 1793 689