From: acrn-users@... <acrn-users@...> On Behalf Of Jianjie Lin
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2021 12:58 pm
To: acrn-users@...
Subject: Re: [acrn-users] service VM ohne GUI einzulogen

Von: acrn-users@... [mailto:acrn-users@...] Im Auftrag von Geoffroy Van Cutsem
Gesendet: Dienstag, 21. September 2021 12:51
An: acrn-users@...
Betreff: Re: [acrn-users] service VM ohne GUI einzulogen

There are a couple of things we should tweak in your launch script:

* Change the CPU affinity to 2,3,6,7. CPU #0 is also called the BSP (bootstrap) processor. It cannot be offlined and so it is always used by the Service VM. So it’s better to change the affinity to use cores that can all be offlined.

[Lin] Ok; Thank you for your suggestion

* The launch script sets *all* core offline except for the BSP. The ‘lscpu --all –extended’ command will still show the 8 CPUs in your Service VM, but 7 should show as “offline”. /proc/cpuinfo should only show one processor at that point. Is that what you are observing?

[Lin] Correct, only the first one is still online, and the rest of them is offline

* Are you running any other User VM in addition to the one running the OpenVINO workload?

[Lin], currently not, I just try to evaluate the performance the uos with gvt-g

* It would be interesting too to change the scheduler to SCHED_NOOP (which essentially disables CPU sharing).

[Lin] this could also be interesting to test; which parameter should I use?

Jianjie Lin