Date

Canceled: 2020 ACRN Project Technical Community Meeting (2020/7~2020/12): @ Weekly Wednesday 4PM (China-Shanghai), Wednesday 9AM (Europe-London), Tuesday 0AM (US-West Coast),

Zou, Terry

Special Notes: If you have Zoom connection issue by using web browser, please install & launch Zoom application, manually input the meeting ID (320664063) to join the Zoom meeting.

Agenda & Archives:

WW

Topic

Presenter

Status

WW28

Inter-VM communication Introduction (DM land)

Liu, Yuan1

7/8/2020

WW30

PTM virtualization Introduction

Wang, Qian

7/22/2020

WW32

TSN pass through Introduction

Wu, Binbin

8/5/2020

WW34

Safety VM introduction

Mao Junjie

8/19/2020

WW36

TCC feature introduction-split lock

Li Fei/Tao Yuhong

9/2/2020

WW38

Inter-VM communication Introduction (DM land)

Liu, Yuan1

9/16/2020

Project ACRN: A flexible, light-weight, open source reference hypervisor for IoT devices

https://projectacrn.org  ||  https://github.com/projectacrn  ||  info@...

We're still in the early stages of forming this TSC, so instead we invite you to attend a weekly "Technical Community" meeting where we'll meet community members and talk about the ACRN project and plans. As we explore community interest and involvement opportunities, we'll (re)schedule these meetings at a time convenient to most attendees:

  • Meets every Wednesday, Starting Nov 07, 2018: 11AM-12AM (China-Shanghai), 7PM-8PM (US-West Coast), 3AM-4AM (Europe-London)
  • Chairperson: Hongbo Wang, hongbo.wang@... (Intel)
  • Online conference link: https://zoom.com.cn/j/320664063
  • Zoom Meeting ID: 320 664 063
  • Special Notes: If you have Zoom connection issue by using web browser, please launch Zoom application, manually input the meeting ID (320664063) to join the Zoom meeting.
  • Online conference phone:
    • China: +86 010 87833177  or 400 669 9381 (Toll Free)
    • Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188  or +49 800 724 3138 (Toll Free)
    • US: +1 669 900 6833  or +1 646 558 8656   or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
    • Additional international phone numbers
  • Meeting Notes:

Or visit Github wiki if you can’t access Google doc: https://github.com/projectacrn/acrn-hypervisor/wiki/ACRN-Committee-and-Working-Group-Meetings#technical-community-meetings

Setting up ACRN with libvirt and OpenStack

Geoffroy Van Cutsem

Hi folks,

I have been trying to follow the tutorial to set-up ACRN with libvirt and OpenStack: https://projectacrn.github.io/latest/tutorials/setup_openstack_libvirt.html

The installation of OpenStack inside the LXC container is failing though - see error below. Any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks!

Setting up openvswitch-switch (2.9.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1) ...
ovs-vswitchd.service is a disabled or a static unit, not starting it.
ovsdb-server.service is a disabled or a static unit, not starting it.
A dependency job for openvswitch-switch.service failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details.
invoke-rc.d: initscript openvswitch-switch, action "start" failed.
● openvswitch-switch.service - Open vSwitch
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/openvswitch-switch.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: inactive (dead)

Dec 08 15:00:33 openstack systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Open vSwitch.
Dec 08 15:00:33 openstack systemd[1]: openvswitch-switch.service: Job openvswitch-switch.service/start failed with result 'dependency'.
Dec 08 15:00:39 openstack systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Open vSwitch.
Dec 08 15:00:39 openstack systemd[1]: openvswitch-switch.service: Job openvswitch-switch.service/start failed with result 'dependency'.
dpkg: error processing package openvswitch-switch (--configure):
installed openvswitch-switch package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
openvswitch-switch
+functions-common:apt_get:1 exit_trap
+./stack.sh:exit_trap:536 local r=100
++./stack.sh:exit_trap:537 jobs -p
+./stack.sh:exit_trap:537 jobs=
+./stack.sh:exit_trap:540 [[ -n '' ]]
+./stack.sh:exit_trap:546 '[' -f '' ']'
+./stack.sh:exit_trap:551 kill_spinner
+./stack.sh:kill_spinner:446 '[' '!' -z '' ']'
+./stack.sh:exit_trap:553 [[ 100 -ne 0 ]]
+./stack.sh:exit_trap:554 echo 'Error on exit'
Error on exit
+./stack.sh:exit_trap:556 type -p generate-subunit
+./stack.sh:exit_trap:557 generate-subunit 1607439448 193 fail
+./stack.sh:exit_trap:559 [[ -z /opt/stack/logs ]]
+./stack.sh:exit_trap:562 /opt/stack/devstack/tools/worlddump.py -d /opt/stack/logs
World dumping... see /opt/stack/logs/worlddump-2020-12-08-150041.txt for details
+./stack.sh:exit_trap:571 exit 100

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer
IAGS ? System Software Products
Tel: +32 (0)3 450 0851

Intel Corporation NV/SA
Kings Square, Veldkant 31
2550 Kontich
RPM (Bruxelles) 0415.497.718.
Citibank, Brussels, account 570/1031255/09

[Announce] ACRN Open Source Ver2.3 Release Notes

Zou, Terry

Hi all,

We are very pleased to announce Version 2.3 release of ACRN. You can see the release blog from https://projectacrn.org/blog/ and detailed Release Notes in website https://projectacrn.github.io/latest/release_notes/release_notes_2.3.html

What’s New in v2.3

·       Enhanced GPU passthru (GVT-d):

GPU passthru (GVT-d) to Windows as a guest is now enabled for 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors (codenamed Tiger Lake-UP3).

·       Shared memory based inter-VM communication (ivshmem) is extended:

ivshmem now supports interrupts (See ACRN Shared Memory Based Inter-VM Communication)

·       Enhanced vUART support:

Added PCI vUART (up to 8) for VM-to-VM communication. Legacy vUART (0x3F8-like) is available for console (debugging) support.

·       End-to-end secure boot improvement

OVMF can be loaded now as two blobs, one for code and the other for data. The code blob can be verified by the Service VM’s dm-verity as a step in the end-to-end secure boot.

·       Enhanced system shutdown:

The pre-launched VM may now initiate a system shutdown or reset.

·       Removed deprivileged boot mode support:

ACRN has supported deprivileged boot mode to ease the integration of Linux distributions such as Clear Linux. Unfortunately, deprivileged boot mode limits ACRN’s scalability and is unsuitable for ACRN’s hybrid hypervisor mode. In ACRN v2.2, deprivileged boot mode was no longer the default and completely removed in ACRN v2.3. We’re focusing instead on using the simpler and more scalable multiboot2 boot (via Grub). Multiboot2 is not supported in Clear Linux so we have chosen Ubuntu (and Yocto Project) as the preferred Service VM OSs moving forward.

See the v2.3 full release notes and documentation for more information about this release including fixed and known issues.

Improvements, updates, and corrections have been made throughout our documentation as well, including these documents:

Because we’re dropped deprivileged boot mode support, we’re also switching our Service VM of choice away from Clear Linux and have removed Clear Linux-specific tutorials. Deleted documents are still available in the version-specific v2.1 documentation.

ACRN is a flexible, lightweight reference hypervisor that is built with real-time and safety-criticality in mind. It is optimized to streamline embedded development through an open source platform. Check out What is ACRN introduction for more information. All project ACRN source code is maintained in the https://github.com/projectacrn/acrn-hypervisor repository and includes folders for the ACRN hypervisor, the ACRN device model, tools, and documentation. You can either download this source code as a zip or tar.gz file (see the ACRN v2.3 GitHub release page) or use Git clone and checkout commands:

git clone https://github.com/projectacrn/acrn-hypervisor
cd acrn-hypervisor
git checkout v2.3

The project’s online technical documentation is also tagged to correspond with a specific release: generated v2.3 documents can be found at https://projectacrn.github.io/2.3/. Documentation for the latest under-development branch is found at https://projectacrn.github.io/latest/.

ACRN v2.3 requires Ubuntu 18.04. Follow the instructions in the Getting Started Guide for ACRN Industry Scenario with Ubuntu Service VM to get started with ACRN. We recommend that all developers upgrade to ACRN release v2.3.

Best & Regards

Terry

Re: Building ACRN hypervisor source code with scenario occurs compile fail

Geoffroy Van Cutsem

Very good – thanks for confirmation!

After checking my tool script file, I found I missed libpciaccess-dev and libevent-dev these 2 libs.
After install them, ACRN Hypervisor is built and installed success.

Thank you!
Lana

Re: Building ACRN hypervisor source code with scenario occurs compile fail

Lana Qin(BJ-RD)

Hi Geoffroy,

After checking my tool script file, I found I missed libpciaccess-dev and libevent-dev these 2 libs.
After install them, ACRN Hypervisor is built and installed success.

Thank you!
Lana

Re: Building ACRN hypervisor source code with scenario occurs compile fail

Geoffroy Van Cutsem

Hi Lana,

You are missing build dependencies on your machine (at least libevent-dev and libpciaccess-dev from what I can see below). Can you make sure you have all build dependencies correctly installed on your dev machine – see https://projectacrn.github.io/latest/getting-started/building-from-source.html#install-build-tools-and-dependencies for details.

Let us know if you’re not using Debian/Ubuntu as the package names and installation method will be slightly different then.

Geoffroy