主题:[acrn-users] 2021 ACRN Project Technical Community Meeting (2021/1~2021/6): @ Monthly 3rd Wednesday 4PM (China-Shanghai), Wednesday 9AM (Europe-London), Tuesday 0AM (US-West Coast),
发件人:"Zou, Terry"
收件人:acrn-dev@...," acrn-users@..."
抄送:"Fang, Peter" ,"Chang, Stanley " ,"Schroeder, Henning " ,"Liu, Junming" ,"Ueda, Kenta" ,"Schweikhardt, Markus " ,"VanCutsem, Geoffroy " ,"Li, Wilson" ,"Liang, Yi" ,"Chen, Gang C" ,"Taylor, Deb" ,"Kim, Dongwon" ,"Kinder, David B"

Special Notes: If you have Zoom connection issue by using web browser, please install & launch Zoom application, manually input the meeting ID (320664063) to join the Zoom meeting.

Agenda & Archives:
WW Topic Presenter Status
WW04 ACRN PCI based vUART introduction Tao Yuhong 1/20/2021
Chinese New Year Break
WW13 ACRN PTCM Introduction Wang Yu / Huang Yonghua 3/24/2021

Project ACRN: A flexible, light-weight, open source reference hypervisor for IoT devices
We invite you to attend a monthly "Technical Community" meeting where we'll meet community members and talk about the ACRN project and plans.
As we explore community interest and involvement opportunities, we'll (re)schedule these meetings at a time convenient to most attendees:
  • Meets every 3rd Wednesday, Starting Jan 20, 2021: 11AM-12AM (China-Shanghai), 7PM-8PM (US-West Coast), 3AM-4AM (Europe-London)
  • Chairperson: Terry ZOU, terry.zou@... (Intel)
  • Online conference link: https://zoom.com.cn/j/320664063
  • Zoom Meeting ID: 320 664 063
  • Special Notes: If you have Zoom connection issue by using web browser, please launch Zoom application, manually input the meeting ID (320664063) to join the Zoom meeting.
  • Online conference phone:
  • China: +86 010 87833177  or 400 669 9381 (Toll Free)
  • Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188  or +49 800 724 3138 (Toll Free)
  • US: +1 669 900 6833  or +1 646 558 8656   or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
  • Additional international phone numbers
  • Meeting Notes:

回复:回复:[acrn-users] 2021 ACRN Project Technical Community Meeting Minutes - WW13'21

杰克朱

谢谢Jerry Zou.原来是这样,但在ACRN主页上的信息应该更正一下了。还有,如果我想线下联系ACRN的开发技术人员交流,可以有联系电话吗?

发件人:"Zou, Terry"
收件人:acrn-users@...," acrn-dev@..."
抄送:

ACRN Project TCM - 24th Mar 2021

Location  Online by Zoom: https://zoom.com.cn/j/320664063

Attendees (Total 16, 24/03)

Note: If you need to edit this document, please ask for access. We disabled anonymous editing to keep track of changes and identify who are the owners of the opens and agenda items.

Note: When adding opens or agenda items, please provide details (not only links), add your name next to the item you have added and specify your expectation from the TCM

Agenda

1.    ACRN project update:

a.     Happy 3rd Birthday, Project ACRN™: https://projectacrn.org/happy-3rd-birthday-project-acrn/

2.     Open Source HW of Tiger Lake NUC update: NUC11 was officially published in https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/nuc/mini-pcs.html. ACRN is doing evaluation, stay tuned, will update in https://projectacrn.github.io/latest/reference/hardware.html

3.  WW13’21 ACRN Real-Time Enhancement Introduction” Huang Yonghua

Download foil from ACRN Presentation->WW13’21

4.    All: Community open discussion.

Q&A: IO device performance with VirtIO in post-launched RTVM maybe lower than Pass-through devices in pre-launched RTVM. But pass-through device performance in Post-launched RTVM is similar to Pre-launched RTVM.

5.    Next meeting agenda proposal:

WW

Topic

Presenter

Status

WW04

ACRN PCI based vUART introduction

Tao Yuhong

1/20/2021

Chinese New Year Break

WW13

ACRN  Real-Time Enhancement

Huang Yonghua

3/24/2021

Resources

b.     Portal: https://projectacrn.org

c.      Source code: https://github.com/projectacrn

d.     email: info@...

Re: 回复:[acrn-users] 2021 ACRN Project Technical Community Meeting Minutes - WW13'21

Zou, Terry

--------
原始邮件 --------

Note: If you need to edit this document, please ask for access. We disabled anonymous editing to keep track of changes and identify who are the owners of the opens and agenda items.
Note: When adding opens or agenda items, please provide details (not only links), add your name next to the item you have added and specify your expectation from the TCM
Agenda
  1. ACRN project update:
  1. Happy 3rd Birthday, Project ACRN™: https://projectacrn.org/happy-3rd-birthday-project-acrn/
  1. Open Source HW of Tiger Lake NUC update: NUC11 was officially published in https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/nuc/mini-pcs.html. ACRN is doing evaluation, stay tuned, will update in https://projectacrn.github.io/latest/reference/hardware.html
  1. WW13’21 ACRN Real-Time Enhancement Introduction” Huang Yonghua
Download foil from ACRN Presentation->WW13’21
  1. All: Community open discussion.
Q&A: IO device performance with VirtIO in post-launched RTVM maybe lower than Pass-through devices in pre-launched RTVM. But pass-through device performance in Post-launched RTVM is similar to Pre-launched RTVM.
  1. Next meeting agenda proposal:
  1. Portal: https://projectacrn.org
  2. Source code: https://github.com/projectacrn
  3. email: info@...

[...]

some issues when launch debian and windows uos

ZhangShuai

Hi all,
    I build a Ubuntu18.04 SOS on our 7300U board.  SCENARIO = industry
$ uname -a
Linux acrn-Kabylake 5.4.72-PKT-200203T060100Z #2 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 8 10:59:26 CST 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
$ dmesg | grep ACRN
[    0.000000] Hypervisor detected: ACRN
[   65.293721] ACRNTrace: Initialized acrn trace module with 4 cpu
[   65.293722] ACRN HVLog: no fixed memory reserve for hvlog.
$ acrn-dm -v
DM version is: 2.3-b6e24ea4-dirty (daily tag:acrn-2020w48.5-180000p), build by acrn@2021-03-08 10:28:57

There are some issues when launch UOS:
issue1: The SOS freezes for 60s at startup after the i915.enable_gvt=1 added in 40_customer.

the dmesg file is in attachment.

issue2: launch Debian as UOS,  warning messages(as follows) keep printing but the UOS works fine.
Failed to emulate instruction [mmio address 0xdf57e000, size 4Unhandled memory access to 0xdf57e004
Failed to emulate instruction [mmio address 0xdf57e004, size 4Unhandled memory access to 0xdf57e008
Failed to emulate instruction [mmio address 0xdf57e008, size 4Unhandled memory access to 0xdf57e00c

issue3: follow the latest document to using_windows_as_uos,  Enable the GVT-d GOP Driver.
The board often restarts after running the install_win.sh script.
have tried 10 times, see UEFI shell only twice, and the rest are restarted directly.
finished the windows installation by GVT-d, but never launch WaaG successfully
because the board always restart when running launch_win.sh

the attachment is the tar of the dmesg files and scripts.
Any information, or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards,
ZhangShuai

--
Xi'an R&D Center Computerized Numerical Control R&D Dept.  Shuai Zhang
Tel : 029-84503040-8360

2021 ACRN Project Technical Community Meeting (2021/1~2021/6): @ Monthly 3rd Wednesday 4PM (China-Shanghai), Wednesday 9AM (Europe-London), Tuesday 0AM (US-West Coast),

Zou, Terry

[...]

Paid ACRN developer research opportunity

Kinder, David B

[The ACRN mailing list admin has approved this message, posted by an ACRN maintainer.]

I'm looking to do paid interviews with embedded developers and system integration engineers who have completed one or more projects on ACRN, so we can learn about hypervisor usage. My name is Greg Labavitch, and I work at a user-centered research and design company (concreteux.com) that does research with technology professionals to provide input on the usefulness and usability of technical products and tools.

I’m asking for one hour of your time for a remote video conference in the first half of March 2021, and we'll give you $150 for your participation. Your input will directly help the ACRN team understand your usage and development experience with ACRN. If you're interested, please fill out this Google Form questionnaire.  For questions, please feel free to contact me at greg.labavitch@...

Thank you!

Re: Running ACRN in Virtualbox on NUC7i7DNH?

Geoffroy Van Cutsem

Hi Lonnie,

I have never heard of anyone attempting to boot ACRN in a VirtualBox VM… do let us know if you and have any success there! 😉

One other path you could take is to QEMU on Windows and follow this tutorial: https://projectacrn.github.io/latest/tutorials/acrn_on_qemu.html. I don’t have any experience with QEMU on Windows, but assuming it only does the emulation piece, you’d probably also want to use the HAXM driver to expose VT-x (https://github.com/intel/haxm).

Unfortunately, I don’t have any Windows machine other than my official IT machine… and I don’t think my IT department would be too thrilled if I was to try this on it 😊

Cheers,

Geoffroy

From: Victor Sun
Date: 2021-02-04 10:37

Hi Shuai,

First of all, make sure your grub has below commit:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/commit/?id=0f3f5b7c13fa9b677a64cf11f20eca0f850a2b20 multiboot2: Set min address for mbi allocation to 0x1000

If the issue still occurs, please post your board file and scenario file.

BR,

Victor