From: acrn-users@... <acrn-users@...> on behalf of Rajagopal Aravindan via Lists.Projectacrn.Org <a.rajagopal.81=gmail.com@...>
Sent: Thursday, November 7, 2019 4:43 PM
To: victor.sun@... <victor.sun@...>
Cc: acrn-dev@... <acrn-dev@...>; acrn-users@... <acrn-users@...>
Subject: [acrn-users] ACRN on NUC5CPYH

Hello Victor,

We are also trying to run ACRN on NUC5CPYH.
PFA the following ...
  1. screenshot of the error while running board_parser.py
  2. o/p of cat /proc/cpuinfo
  3. screenshot of VisualBios details, currently configured to UEFI-only mode
Can you please help us get past this ?

Thanks,
Rajagopal

Dubravko Moravski
SW engineering
Exor Embedded S.r.l.
p: +38 512455659  m: +38 5915402413
a: Slavonska avenija, 50, Zagreb, Croatia, 10000
w: exorint.com

 Prima di stampare pensa ai costi ambientali. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Privacy

ACRN on NUC5CPYH

Rajagopal Aravindan

Hello Victor,

We are also trying to run ACRN on NUC5CPYH.
PFA the following ...
  1. screenshot of the error while running board_parser.py
  2. o/p of cat /proc/cpuinfo
  3. screenshot of VisualBios details, currently configured to UEFI-only mode
Can you please help us get past this ?

Thanks,
Rajagopal

Re: [acrn-dev] [acrn-users] ACRN on non-NUC platforms

Victor Sun

Your machine is fine.

Please replace your /usr/bin/cpuid to a higher version.

BR,

Victor

On 11/7/2019 3:16 AM, Rajagopal Aravindan wrote:
Hello Victor,

While setting up configuration for my target machine, I am running into this error

rajagopal@rajagopal-UX310UA:~/Workspace/ges/acrn-hypervisor/misc/acrn-config/target$ sudo python3 board_parser.py zenbook
Need CPUID version >= 20170122

FYI, PFA o/p of cat /proc/cpuinfo.
Is there a way I can run ACRN on this or need to give up on this machine ?

Any help/direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rajagopal

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 7:58 AM Victor Sun <victor.sun@...> wrote:

I think it should be OK.

Please refer "Board and VM configuration workflow" section in

    https://projectacrn.github.io/latest/tutorials/acrn_configuration_tool.html

to setup configuration for your board.

Any problems, please let me know.

BR,

Victor

On 10/21/2019 12:00 AM, Rajagopal Aravindan wrote:
Hello All,

I have a Core-i7(6500U) based laptop which supports h/w virtualization.

Wondering if ACRN can run on that or has any technical restrictions in running on platforms other than the ones in the supported h/w list ?

Any would help to get started on ACRN would be appreciated.

[...]

ACRN Project Technical Community Meeting Minutes - 11/6/2019

Wang, Hongbo

ACRN Project TCM - 6th Nov 2019
Location
Agenda
  1. ACRN project update
  • N/A

  1. “Performance Monitoring Unit Introduction” by WU, Binbin
Download foil from ACRN Presentation->ACRN_TCM->WW45’19
Short description: In this talk, we'll introduce how to use PMU to measure performance and how it help ACRN to support system performance tuning.

  1. All: Community open discussion.

  1. Next meeting agenda proposal:

WW Topic Presenter Status
WW02 TPM2.0 virtualization in ACRN DENG, Wei 1/9
WW03 Polling mode Virtio and its advantage for RT VM DENG, Jie 1/16
WW04 Buffer sharing from UOS to SOS, HyperDMA usage LIU, Xinyun 1/23
WW05 USB HUB Virtualization WU, Xiaoguang 1/30
WW07 ACRN Device Model QoS Design LIU, Long 2/13
WW08 ACRN Debug Tips CHEN, Jason 2/20
WW09 GVT-g debug trace tool GONG, Zhipeng 2/27
WW10 Kata Container Architecture: First Steps with ACRN Dhanraj, Vijay  3/6
WW11 One ACRN hypervisor to support multi-platform WU, Xiangyang 3/13
WW12 Power button key mediator design in ACRN LIU, Yuan 3/20
WW13 Local APIC Virtualization Enhancement for Intel KBL platform LI, Fei 3/27
WW14 Safety VM Support YIN, FengWei 4/3
WW15 How to customize GPIO in ACRN LIU, Yuan 4/10
WW16 ACRN Cache QoS support based on CAT TAO, Yuhong 4/17
WW17 ACRN Real-Time measurement Methodology LI, Wilson 4/24
WW19 I2C Virtualization CHEN, Conghui 5/8
WW20 SGX Virtualization in ACRN WU, Binbin 5/15
WW21 Logger Improvement on acrn-dm CAO, Minggui 5/22
WW22 AcrnGT Virtual Display Deep Dive HE, Min 5/29
WW23 Local APIC Emulation and Pass-through Grandhi, Sainath 6/5
WW25

ACRN Functional Safety: Understanding and Mitigating Inter-VM Interference MAO, Junjie 6/19
WW26 Enable VwWorks as RTVM on ACRN FU, Kaige 6/26
WW27 ACRN 2.0 New Architecture Sharing - 1/2 REN, Jack 7/3
WW28 ACRN 2.0 New Architecture Sharing- 2/2 REN, Jack 7/10
WW29 How to enable open vSwitch on ACRN LIU, Yuan 7/17
WW30 ACRN Configuration Design Tool SUN, Victor 7/24
WW31 Design of GOP Driver for GVT-g HE, Min 7/31
WW32 Restricting Dynamic Resources from functional safety perspective MAO, Junjie 8/7
WW33 Android Virtual Secure Boot and key enrollment QI, Yadong/Zhao Shirley 8/14
WW34 Split ACRN’s Device Model CHEN, Jason CJ 8/21
WW35 ACRN Continuous Integration System Introduction ZHANG, Wenling 8/28
WW36 BKC for ACRN RT and vmexit analysis YAN, Like 9/4
WW37 ACRN Windows As A Guest (WaaG) Overview WANG, Yu1 9/11
WW38 ACRN Fuzzing Test HUANG, Yonghua 9/18
WW39 Implementation of GOP driver with AcrnGT LIU, Xinyun 9/25
WW41 Banish the Dead: Identifying and Removing Dead Code for Functional Safety MAO, Junjie 10/9
WW42 ACRN Memory Bandwidth Allocation (MBA) Dhanraj, Vijay 10/16
WW43 Enable OVMF for Service VM Wang, Qian 10/23
WW44 Windows As A Guest and HLK Introduction SHEN, Fangfang 10/29
WW45 Performance Monitoring Unit Introduction WU, Binbin 11/6

Marketing/Events
  1.
Resources
  1. Project URL:
  1. Portal: https://projectacrn.org
  2. Source code: https://github.com/projectacrn
  3. email: info@...
  1. Recommended Hardware platform (reference):
  1. Apollo Lake (SoC) UP2 (with serial port): AAEON UPS-APLC2-A10-0232
  2. Apollo Lake (SoC) NUC (without serial port): NUC6CAYHL (at least 8G memory)
  3. Kabylake (Core) NUC (with serial port): NUC7i5DNHE

=======================

Best regards.
Hongbo
Tel: +86-21-6116 7445
MP: +86-1364 1793 689

ACRN Project Technical Community Meeting (2019/7~2019/12): @ Weekly Wednesday 11AM (China-Shanghai), Tuesday 7PM (US-West Coast), Wednesday 3AM (Europe-London)

Wang, Hongbo

Notice: Join ACRN’s TCM meeting with WebEx till Nov. 2019
Due to Zoom’s connection issue in PRC mainland recently, we have to use WebEx to replace Zoom for ACRN TCM meeting temporarily. We’ll monitor Zoom’s availability closely and switch back to Zoom as it comes back to normal. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Cisco WebEx: https://intel.webex.com/intel/j.php?MTID=md8485ef1ef04eeee01805a7cb323801b  (More details is at the bottom of the meeting request)

Date: 11/6
TopicPerformance Monitoring Unit Introduction

[...]

WW32 On Dynamic Resource Allocation Mao, Junjie 8/7
WW33 ACRN virtual secure boot and key enrollment Wang, Kai 8/14
WW34 Split ACRN’s Device Model CHEN, Jason CJ 8/21
WW35 ACRN Continuous Integration System Introduction ZHANG, Wenling 8/28
WW36 BKC for ACRN RT and vmexit analysis YAN, Like 9/4
WW37 ACRN Windows As A Guest (WaaG) Overview CHEN, Jianjun 9/11
WW38 ACRN Fuzzing Test HUANG, Yonghua 9/18
WW39 Implementation of GOP driver with AcrnGT LIU, Xinyun 9/25
WW41 Banish the Dead: Identifying and Removing Dead Code for Functional Safety MAO, Junjie 10/9
WW42 ACRN Memory Bandwidth Allocation (MBA) Vijay Dhanraj 10/16
WW43 Enable OVMF for Service VM WANG, Qian 10/23
WW44 WaaG and Its HLK SHEN, Fangfang 10/30
WW45 Performance Monitoring Unit Introduction WU, Binbin 11/6

Project ACRN: A flexible, light-weight, open source reference hypervisor for IoT devices

We're still in the early stages of forming this TSC, so instead we invite you to attend a weekly "Technical Community" meeting where we'll meet community members and talk about the ACRN project and plans. As we explore community interest and involvement opportunities, we'll (re)schedule these meetings at a time convenient to most attendees:
  • -- Do not delete or change any of the following text. --
  • When it's time, join your Webex meeting here.

Meeting number (access code): 590 576 334
Meeting password: ShFp3MC@

Join

Join by phone
Tap to call in from a mobile device (attendees only)
+1-210-795-1110 US Toll
+1-866-662-9987 US Toll Free
Global call-in numbers  |  Toll-free calling restrictions

Join from a video system or application
Dial 590576334@...
You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.

  • Meeting Notes:

Date: 10/30
TopicWindows As A Guest and HLK Introduction

[...]

WW44 WaaG and Its HLK SHEN, Fangfangw 10/30

[...]

ACRN Project Technical Community Meeting Minutes - 10/23/2019

Wang, Hongbo

ACRN Project TCM - 23th Oct 2019
Location
Agenda
  1. ACRN project update
  • N/A

  1. “Enable OVMF for Service VM” by Wang, Qian
Download foil from ACRN Presentation->ACRN_TCM->WW42’19
Short description: Now ACRN supports two virtual boot modes, deprivilege boot mode & direct boot mode; the deprivilege boot mode’s main purpose is to support boot ClearLinux SOS with UEFI service support, but it also brings some scalability problems. Here we would like to have a discussion of recent Proof of Concept we did to resolve such problem.

[...]

Re: ACRN on non-NUC platforms

Victor Sun

Date: 10/23
Topic:  Enable OVMF for Service VM
[...]

ACRN on non-NUC platforms

Rajagopal Aravindan

Hello All,

I have a Core-i7(6500U) based laptop which supports h/w virtualization.

Wondering if ACRN can run on that or has any technical restrictions in running on platforms other than the ones in the supported h/w list ?

Any would help to get started on ACRN would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rajagopal

ACRN on non-NUC platforms

Rajagopal Aravindan

Hello All,

I have a Core-i7(6500U) based laptop which supports h/w virtualization.

Wondering if ACRN can run on that or has any technical restrictions in running on platforms other than the ones in the supported h/w list ?

Any would help to get started on ACRN would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rajagopal

ACRN Project Technical Community Meeting Minutes - 10/16/2019

Wang, Hongbo

ACRN Project TCM - 16th Oct 2019
Location
Agenda
  1. ACRN project update
  • N/A

  1. “ACRN Memory Bandwidth Allocation (MBA)” by Vijay Dhanraj
Download foil from ACRN Presentation->ACRN_TCM->WW42’19
Short description: MBA technology background introduction, how does MBA work, config and the ACRN changes related.

Date: 10/16
TopicACRN Memory Bandwidth Allocation Introduction

[...]

Re: Setting up ACRN on a new board with Apollo Lake

Yin, Fengwei <fengwei.yin@...>

On 10/12/2019 12:54 AM, Dubravko Moravski | Exor Embedded S.r.l. wrote:
Hi,
We are starting a full scale production of the boards, so temporarily bringing them up and solving hardware issues has higher priority. I hope to be able to return to ACRN in a couple of weeks, we do still want to run it.
OK. Thanks for the information.

Regards
Yin, Fengwei

Regards,
Dubravko
I would like to check: What's the latest status for your new board
enabling?
Regards
Yin, Fengwei
*Dubravko Moravski*
/SW engineering/
*Exor Embedded S.r.l.*
p: +38 512455659 <tel:+38 512455659>  m:+38 5915402413 <tel:+38 5915402413>
a: Slavonska avenija, 50, Zagreb, Croatia, 10000
w: exorint.com <https://exorint.com/>

 Prima di stampare pensa ai costi ambientali. Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Privacy <https://www.exorint.com/it/privacy>

Re: Setting up ACRN on a new board with Apollo Lake

Dubravko Moravski | Exor Embedded S.r.l. <dubravko.moravski@...>

[...]

ACRN Project Technical Community Meeting Minutes - 10/9/2019

Wang, Hongbo

ACRN Project TCM - 9th Oct 2019
Location
Agenda
  1. ACRN project update
  • ACRN v1.3 has been released, which has new features like ACRN offline configuration tool, GOP driver support, S5 support, Realtime of CAT, etc.

  1. “Banish the Dead: Identifying and Removing Dead Code for Functional Safety” by MAO, Junjie
Download foil from ACRN Presentation->ACRN_TCM->WW41’19
Short description: A certified software component shall minimize unwanted code for each specific program, while an open source project tends to have a single mainline supporting multiple programs. This brings the challenge how to extract an appropriate subset from the code base based on program-specific configurations. In this session, we will discuss on the dead code definitions, standard requirements on dead code, techniques to detect and/or eliminate them and their current adoption in ACRN hypervisor.

  3. email: info@...g
  1. Recommended Hardware platform (reference):
  1. Apollo Lake (SoC) UP2 (with serial port): AAEON UPS-APLC2-A10-0232
  2. Apollo Lake (SoC) NUC (without serial port): NUC6CAYHL (at least 8G memory)
  3. Kabylake (Core) NUC (with serial port): NUC7i5DNHE

=======================

Best regards.
Hongbo
Tel: +86-21-6116 7445
MP: +86-1364 1793 689

Re: Setting up ACRN on a new board with Apollo Lake

Yin, Fengwei <fengwei.yin@...>

Hi Dubravko,
I would like to check: What's the latest status for your new board
enabling?

Regards
Yin, Fengwei

On 2019/9/29 上午11:23, Yin, Fengwei wrote:
Hi Dubravko,
On 2019/9/28 上午12:58, Dubravko Moravski | Exor Embedded S.r.l. wrote:
Hi everyone,

We've been busy bringing up some new hardware so it took me some time to respond. We are very grateful for all the assistance.

I have uploaded the requested new logs to https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/fu8tJayVkkSkFZdfbVj8v7t32SZwsC7Cw9KNjLVMzdO

Our board has an Intel I211 network controller. lspci_hv log is with ACRN running, lspci_nohv is without ACRN.
Associated kernel and interrupt logs are included too.
We could download, configure and build our own version of the Clear Linux kernel to add the network controller, just I was unable to find instructions what specifically we need to set so it works with ACRN? It looks to me that it uses a different kernel than the plain Clear Linux.
For SOS kernel, I suppose you could build it based on our acrn-kernel
with igb enabled.

Regarding serial port interrupts, I must admit I'm confused with all the port and interrupt settings; anyway I've followed the instructions and enabled console=ttyS2 (acrn log), and requested device 0.18.2/HSUART2 (efibootmgr log) because it's the only serial port on our board that "just works" (others need setting up some GPIOs first). With these settings, Clear Linux runs noticeably slow, something is obviously wrong.
If it simplifies things, we don't strictly need debug printouts from ACRN, we just want it to work.
It looks like the serial port is a little bit mess.
From dmesg_nohv.log, we could see following serial port:
[    7.097307] printk: console [ttyS0] disabled
[    7.097347] dw-apb-uart.5: ttyS0 at MMIO 0x91328000 (irq = 4, base_baud = 115200) is a 16550A
[    7.097379] printk: console [ttyS0] enabled
[    7.099613] probe of dw-apb-uart.5 returned 1 after 6946 usecs
[    7.111867] dw-apb-uart.6: ttyS1 at MMIO 0x91326000 (irq = 5, base_baud = 115200) is a 16550A
[    7.112334] probe of dw-apb-uart.6 returned 1 after 1479 usecs
[    7.126345] dw-apb-uart.7: ttyS2 at MMIO 0x91324000 (irq = 6, base_baud = 115200) is a 16550A
We could see ttyS0 is used as kernel console. This could be confirmed
by interrupt_nohv.log as well:
  4:        117          0          0          0  IR-IO-APIC 4-fasteoi   idma64.5, ttyS0
But, you said the ttyS2 is only serial port on the board. Kind of
confuse here. So are you using ttyS2 or ttyS0 as kernel console without
HV?
With HV, from efibootmgr.txt, we could see you are 0.18.2 as HV console
which should be mapped to ttyS2. So I suppose you could get workable HV
console (let me know if I am wrong).
But you have wrong console defined for SOS. Let me step back and explain
more. With HV, the ttyS2 is hold in HV and HV emulates a virtual serial
port to SOS. From dmesg_hv.log, we could see:
[    0.985360] serial8250: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 6, base_baud = 115200) is a 16550A
This is emulated serial port IO base = 0x3f8 and irq = 6. So I suppose
you should change the SOS kernel cmd line to use ttyS0 instead of ttyS2
for SOS. Again from dmesg_hv.log, we could see you still use ttyS2 as
sos kernel console (which is NOT correct):
[    0.000000] Command line: console=tty0 console=ttyS2 root=PARTUUID=1bbb889b-e284-4d16-a1d7-79ef02ed69a3 rw rootwait ignore_loglevel no_timer_check consoleblank=0 i915.nuclear_pageflip=1 i915.avail_planes_per_pipe=0x01010F i915.domain_plane_owners=0x011111110000 i915.enable_gvt=1 i915.enable_guc=0
So could you please change the SOS console from ttyS2 to ttyS0? Suppose
you should change acrn.conf:
console=ttyS2   -> console=ttyS0
Another strange thing is:
From dmesg_hv.log, we could see following message:
[    1.063019] dw-apb-uart.5: ttyS1 at MMIO 0x91328000 (irq = 4, base_baud = 115200) is a 16550A
[    1.065287] idma64 idma64.6: Found Intel integrated DMA 64-bit
[    1.066333] console [ttyS2] disabled
[    1.066670] dw-apb-uart.6: ttyS2 at MMIO 0x91326000 (irq = 5, base_baud = 115200) is a 16550A
[    1.314086]  mmcblk1: p1 p2 p3
[    1.666493] console [ttyS2] enabled
[    1.770323] rpmb_mux:rpmb_key_get: Failed to get boot_params from the command line!
[    2.036999] dw-apb-uart.7: ttyS3 at MMIO 0x91324000 (irq = 6, base_baud = 115200) is a 16550A
This ttyS3 should match the ttyS2 without HV (ttyS0 of SOS is emulated
serial port). Suppose if this device is hold by HV, we should hide it
from SOS. I will check how this happen.
In summary, could you please try:
1. enable igb driver in your sos kernel to see whether the network could
   work or not.
2. Change the sos kernel console from ttyS2 to ttyS0
I will check why the ttyS3 is shown in SOS.
Regards
Yin, Fengwei

Other configuration files I've mentioned earlier are Clear-linux-iot...conf and Clear-linux-native...conf. They must have been provided by Clear Linux and ACRN installations. I don't have a problem with them, just I've wanted to be sure, since they are so different from acrn.conf, is acrn.conf missing something?

Regarding IPv6 stuff, I've included UP2 ifconfig log. This is with ACRN running; network and everything else works fine here.

All the tests/logs, except for the UP2, were made yesterday and today using newest Clear Linux and newest ACRN, rebuilt in release mode, with SOS_COM1_IRQ changed to 6 as instructed. All our issues are still present.

Best regards,
Dubravko

*From:* acrn-users@... <mailto:acrn-users@...>
<acrn-users@...