From: acrn-users@... [mailto:acrn-users@...] On Behalf Of Dubravko Moravski | Exor Embedded S.r.l.
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:15 PM
To: acrn-users@...
Subject: Re: [acrn-users] Setting up ACRN on a new board with Apollo Lake

Hi everyone,

SOS console/terminal can't be opened at all; the window actually opens but it says "There was an error creating a child process for this terminal. Failed to open PTY: Permission denied" and we can't do anything. It is the same if we use launcher on the left side on the screen, or ctrl+alt+t. Also ssh doesn't work (as well as networking in general) so we can't connect remotely either.

200K JPG image uploaded to https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/lWcIh67jPu7uhWrOzTBlOfcVwkfZ4ofYyEYTenbJrjo (ignore the date, I don't know why it's three days in the past).

I don't see why the console would have anything to do with the hypervisor, but simply it doesn't work with it, and works without it, so it's a symptom of some problem.

These all work when not running with the hypervisor.

Regarding ACPI and LPC, unfortunately we are not that familiar with ACPI, I have uploaded our disassembled ACPI dump to https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/cQik3C5S0ey40L9L2EtMumII322kV0rjmJ34dBpHjD3, 35 kB RAR file. String "LPC" occurs in dsdt, ssdt1, 3 and 4.

Best regards,

Dubravko

*From:*acrn-users@...
[...]

Yin, Fengwei <fengwei.yin@...>

Hi Dubravko,

[...]

+38 512455659 <tel:+38%20512455659>  m: +38 5915402413 <tel:+38%205915402413>

imap://fyin@...:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E265992?header=quotebody&part=1.5&filename=environment-verde_4010c4a3-6fcf-4e6d-8a58-167a2248b283.jpg Prima di stampare pensa ai costi ambientali. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

https://exorint.com/>

>   Prima di stampare pensa ai costi ambientali. Please consider the
> environment before printing this email.
>
> Privacy <
https://www.exorint.com/it/privacy>

Dubravko Moravski

SW engineering

Exor Embedded S.r.l.

p:

+38 512455659  m: +38 5915402413

a:

Slavonska avenija, 50, Zagreb, Croatia, 10000

w:

exorint.com

 Prima di stampare pensa ai costi ambientali. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Privacy

Dubravko Moravski
SW engineering
Exor Embedded S.r.l.
p: +38 512455659  m: +38 5915402413
a: Slavonska avenija, 50, Zagreb, Croatia, 10000
w: exorint.com

 Prima di stampare pensa ai costi ambientali. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Privacy

Re: Setting up ACRN on a new board with Apollo Lake

Liu, Fuzhong

https://exorint.com/>

>   Prima di stampare pensa ai costi ambientali. Please consider the
> environment before printing this email.
>
> Privacy <
https://www.exorint.com/it/privacy>

Dubravko Moravski

SW engineering

Exor Embedded S.r.l.

p:

+38 512455659  m: +38 5915402413

a:

Slavonska avenija, 50, Zagreb, Croatia, 10000

w:

exorint.com

 Prima di stampare pensa ai costi ambientali. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Privacy

Re: Setting up ACRN on a new board with Apollo Lake

Geoffroy Van Cutsem

https://exorint.com/>

https://exorint.com/>

>   Prima di stampare pensa ai costi ambientali. Please consider the
> environment before printing this email.
>
> Privacy <
https://www.exorint.com/it/privacy>

Dubravko Moravski

SW engineering

Exor Embedded S.r.l.

p:

+38 512455659  m: +38 5915402413

a:

Slavonska avenija, 50, Zagreb, Croatia, 10000

w:

exorint.com

 Prima di stampare pensa ai costi ambientali. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Privacy

ACRN Project Technical Community Meeting Minutes - 9/11/2019

Wang, Hongbo

ACRN Project TCM – 11th Sep. 2019
Location
  • WebEx
Agenda
  1. ACRN project update
  • 1st ACRN inside car officially launched on WW36, from a local car manufacturer Chery.
  • Intel IA based Celadon released based on Android 10.

  1. “ACRN Windows As A Guest (WaaG) Overview” by Wang, Yu
Download foil from ACRN Presentation->ACRN_TCM->WW37’19

  1. All: Community open discussion.

  1. Next meeting agenda proposal:

WW Topic Presenter Status
WW02 TPM2.0 virtualization in ACRN DENG, Wei 1/9
WW03 Polling mode Virtio and its advantage for RT VM DENG, Jie 1/16
WW04 Buffer sharing from UOS to SOS, HyperDMA usage LIU, Xinyun 1/23
WW05 USB HUB Virtualization WU, Xiaoguang 1/30
WW07 ACRN Device Model QoS Design LIU, Long 2/13
WW08 ACRN Debug Tips CHEN, Jason 2/20
WW09 GVT-g debug trace tool GONG, Zhipeng 2/27
WW10 Kata Container Architecture: First Steps with ACRN Dhanraj, Vijay  3/6
WW11 One ACRN hypervisor to support multi-platform WU, Xiangyang 3/13
WW12 Power button key mediator design in ACRN LIU, Yuan 3/20
WW13 Local APIC Virtualization Enhancement for Intel KBL platform LI, Fei 3/27
WW14 Safety VM Support YIN, FengWei 4/3
WW15 How to customize GPIO in ACRN LIU, Yuan 4/10
WW16 ACRN Cache QoS support based on CAT TAO, Yuhong 4/17
WW17 ACRN Real-Time measurement Methodology LI, Wilson 4/24
WW19 I2C Virtualization CHEN, Conghui 5/8
WW20 SGX Virtualization in ACRN WU, Binbin 5/15
WW21 Logger Improvement on acrn-dm CAO, Minggui 5/22
WW22 AcrnGT Virtual Display Deep Dive HE, Min 5/29
WW23 Local APIC Emulation and Pass-through Grandhi, Sainath 6/5
WW25

ACRN Functional Safety: Understanding and Mitigating Inter-VM Interference MAO, Junjie 6/19
WW26 Enable VwWorks as RTVM on ACRN FU, Kaige 6/26
WW27 ACRN 2.0 New Architecture Sharing - 1/2 REN, Jack 7/3
WW28 ACRN 2.0 New Architecture Sharing- 2/2 REN, Jack 7/10
WW29 How to enable open vSwitch on ACRN LIU, Yuan 7/17
WW30 ACRN Configuration Design Tool SUN, Victor 7/24
WW31 Design of GOP Driver for GVT-g HE, Min 7/31
WW32 Restricting Dynamic Resources from functional safety perspective MAO, Junjie 8/7
WW33 Android Virtual Secure Boot and key enrollment QI, Yadong/Zhao Shirley 8/14
WW34 Split ACRN’s Device Model CHEN, Jason CJ 8/21
WW35 ACRN Continuous Integration System Introduction ZHANG, Wenling 8/28
WW36 BKC for ACRN RT and vmexit analysis YAN, Like 9/11
WW37 ACRN Windows As A Guest (WaaG) Overview CHEN, Jianjun 9/18

Marketing/Events
  1. Open Source Summit + Embedded LinuxCon Europe 2019 (October 28 – 30 in Lyon, France)
Resources
  1. Project URL:
  1. Portal: https://projectacrn.org
  2. Source code: https://github.com/projectacrn
  3. email: info@...
  1. Recommended Hardware platform (reference):
  1. Apollo Lake (SoC) UP2 (with serial port): AAEON UPS-APLC2-A10-0232
  2. Apollo Lake (SoC) NUC (without serial port): NUC6CAYHL (at least 8G memory)
  3. Kabylake (Core) NUC (with serial port): NUC7i5DNHE

=======================

Best regards.
Hongbo
Tel: +86-21-6116 7445
MP: +86-1364 1793 689

> [...]

w: exorint.com <https://exorint.com/>

 Prima di stampare pensa ai costi ambientali. Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Privacy <https://www.exorint.com/it/privacy>

Setting up ACRN on a new board with Apollo Lake

dubravko.moravski@...

Hello everyone,

I work for Exor Embedded and we are developing a new board with an Apollo Lake E3940 CPU. We would like to run ACRN on it. Indeed, following the instructions on https://projectacrn.github.io/latest/index.html I've managed to get it running, dmesg among other things says:

Hypervisor detected: ACRN
ACRNTrace: Initialized acrn trace module with 4 cpu
systemd[1]: Detected virtualization acrn.

However, it's not really usable. We have following issues:
  • mouse cursor jumps around in a weird way, like there is some problem with switching video buffers
  • we can't open the Terminal in any way, there's always a message: "There was an error creating a child process for this terminal. Failed to open PTY: Permission denied"
[...]

ACRN Project Technical Community Meeting (2019/7~2019/12): @ Weekly Wednesday 11AM (China-Shanghai), Tuesday 7PM (US-West Coast), Wednesday 3AM (Europe-London)

Wang, Hongbo

Notice: Join ACRN’s TCM meeting with WebEx till Nov. 2019
Due to Zoom’s connection issue in PRC mainland recently, we have to use WebEx to replace Zoom for ACRN TCM meeting temporarily. We’ll monitor Zoom’s availability closely and switch back to Zoom as it comes back to normal. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Cisco WebEx: https://intel.webex.com/intel/j.php?MTID=m682b81bf58c7ec875c32c469ff22116f  (More details is at the bottom of the meeting request)

Date: 9/11
Topic:  ACRN Windows As A Guest (WaaG) Overview

[...]

WW32 On Dynamic Resource Allocation Mao, Junjie 8/7
WW33 ACRN virtual secure boot and key enrollment Wang, Kai 8/14
WW34 Split ACRN’s Device Model CHEN, Jason CJ 8/21
WW35 ACRN Continuous Integration System Introduction ZHANG, Wenling 8/28
WW36 BKC for ACRN RT and vmexit analysis YAN, Like 9/4
WW37 ACRN Windows As A Guest (WaaG) Overview CHEN, Jianjun 9/11

Project ACRN: A flexible, light-weight, open source reference hypervisor for IoT devices

We're still in the early stages of forming this TSC, so instead we invite you to attend a weekly "Technical Community" meeting where we'll meet community members and talk about the ACRN project and plans. As we explore community interest and involvement opportunities, we'll (re)schedule these meetings at a time convenient to most attendees:
-- Do not delete or change any of the following text. --
When it's time, join your Webex meeting here.

Meeting number (access code): 590 576 334

Join

Join by phone
Tap to call in from a mobile device (attendees only)
+1-210-795-1110 US Toll
+1-866-662-9987 US Toll Free
Global call-in numbers  |  Toll-free calling restrictions

Join from a video system or application
Dial 590576334@...
You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.

Need help? Go to http://help.webex.com

Best regards.
Hongbo
Tel: +86-21-6116 7445
MP: +86-1364 1793 689

ACRN Project Technical Community Meeting (2019/7~2019/12): @ Weekly Wednesday 11AM (China-Shanghai), Tuesday 7PM (US-West Coast), Wednesday 3AM (Europe-London)

Wang, Hongbo

Notice: Join ACRN’s TCM meeting with Skype till Nov. 2019
Due to Zoom’s connection issue in PRC mainland recently, we have to use Skype to replace Zoom for ACRN TCM meeting temporarily. We’ll monitor Zoom’s availability closely and switch back to Zoom as it comes back to normal.
Sorry for the inconvenience!

A. For non-Intel attendees:
  1. If you want to join from PC or laptop, click the link directly.
  1. You’ll be asked to select joining options
  1. Install Skype Web application and join => Suggest select this one “Web Application”
  2. Install Skype for Business Desktop application and join

  1. Input your name and click “Join” button (no need password)
  1. You are connected to the meeting when you see Skype UI below.

B. For Intel attendees:
Trouble Joining? Try Skype Web App
Join by phone

+1(916)356-2663 (or your local bridge access #) Choose bridge 5.,,983517463# (Global)            English (United States)

Conference ID: 983517463
[!OC([1033])!]

Date: 9/11
[...]

  • Meeting Notes:

Best regards.
Hongbo
Tel: +86-21-6116 7445
MP: +86-1364 1793 689

Date: 9/11
[...]

  • Meets every Wednesday, Starting Nov 07, 2018: 11AM-12AM (China-Shanghai), 7PM-8PM (US-West Coast), 3AM-4AM (Europe-London)
  • Chairperson: Hongbo Wang, hongbo.wang@... (Intel)
  • Online conference link: https://zoom.us/j/457171121
  • Zoom Meeting ID: 457-171-121
  • Online conference phone:
  • US: +1 669 900 6833  or +1 646 558 8656   or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
  • China: +86 010 87833177  or 400 669 9381 (Toll Free)
  • Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188  or +49 800 724 3138 (Toll Free)
  • Additional international phone numbers
  • Meeting Notes:

Best regards.
Hongbo
Tel: +86-21-6116 7445
MP: +86-1364 1793 689

ACRN Project Technical Community Meeting Minutes - 9/4/2019

Wang, Hongbo

ACRN Project TCM – 4th Sep. 2019
Location
Agenda
  1. ACRN project update
  • ACRN v1.2 released out. To know detailed features, please check out ACRN release notes.

  1. “BKC for ACRN RT and vmexit analysis” by Yan, Like
Download foil from ACRN Presentation->ACRN_TCM->WW36’19

Date: 9/4
Topic:  BKC for ACRN RT and vmexit analysis
Description: In this topic, we will introduce the best known configuration for ACRN RT, including the BIOS settings, ACRN vm_config and acrn-dm options for RTVM, preempt-RT linux configurations and kernel parameters. Last but not least, we will introduce how we do the vmext analysis based on the acrntrace, because the vmexit is the most critical factor impact the VM RT performance.

[...]

ACRN Project Technical Community Meeting Minutes - 8/28/2019

Wang, Hongbo

ACRN Project TCM - 28th Aug 2019
Location
Agenda
  1. ACRN project update

  1. “ACRN Continuous Integration System Introduction” by ZHANG, Wenling
Download foil from ACRN Presentation->ACRN_TCM->WW35’19

  3. email: info@...g
  1. Recommended Hardware platform (reference):
  1. Apollo Lake (SoC) UP2 (with serial port): AAEON UPS-APLC2-A10-0232
  2. Apollo Lake (SoC) NUC (without serial port): NUC6CAYHL (at least 8G memory)
  3. Kabylake (Core) NUC (with serial port): NUC7i5DNHE

=======================

Best regards.
Hongbo
Tel: +86-21-6116 7445
MP: +86-1364 1793 689

[Announce] ACRN Open Source Ver1.2 Release Notes

Wang, Hongbo

Hi all,

We are very pleased to announce Version 1.2 release of ACRN. You can see the release blog from https://projectacrn.github.io/1.2/release_notes/release_notes_1.2.html and detailed Release Notes in website https://projectacrn.github.io/latest/release_notes.html.

Version 1.2 new features:

  • Support OVMF as virtual boot loader for Service VM to launch Clearlinux, VxWorks or Windows. Secure boot is supported too
  • Support Kata container
  • Windows as a Guest (WaaG): USB host (xHCI) mediator
  • Virtualization supports Always Running Timer (ART)

Besides new features, in this release, there’re several reference documents available, including Guest Windows guidance, Guest Celadon guidance, new defined usage scenarios, etc.

To learn more about ACRN: ACRN is a flexible, lightweight reference hypervisor, built with real-time and safety-criticality in mind, optimized to streamline embedded development through an open source platform. Check out the ACRN project portal (https://projectacrn.org/) for more information.

Best regards.

Hongbo

Tel: +86-21-6116 7445

MP: +86-1364 1793 689