From: acrn-users@... [mailto:acrn-users@...] On Behalf Of soorajsrs@...
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2018 1:08 PM
To: acrn-users@...
Subject: [acrn-users] Reg: RTOS in ACRN

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi,

As part of a project, I was trying to setup FreeRTOS as UserOS in Intel NUC 6cayh. I am getting some trouble getting the os up. It is getting hang after add_cpu() call.

In your recent presentation, I have seen you had set up Zephyr as guest os. Can I get some code references for enabling virtualisation in RTOS. Is it available?

Also I would like to know what are all the peripherals you are able to access in RTOS as guest. I would like to access CAN port through USB or ethernet. Can you provide suggestions on this.

Regards,

Sooraj

Reg: RTOS in ACRN

Sooraj SR

Edited

Hi,

As part of a project, I was trying to setup FreeRTOS as UserOS in Intel NUC 6cayh. I am getting some trouble getting the os up. It is getting hang after add_cpu() call.

In your recent presentation, I have seen you had set up Zephyr as guest os. Can I get some code references for enabling virtualisation in RTOS. Is it available?

Also I would like to know what are all the peripherals you are able to access in RTOS as guest. I would like to access CAN port through USB or ethernet. Can you provide suggestions on this.

Regards,
Sooraj

Re: Questions about ACRN's dependency and Other Linux Distro Supports

Geoffroy Van Cutsem

Sounds great, good luck and do let us know if you are successful!

If possible, I would advice that you set up ACRN on another platform that is supported, to make sure you are very familiar and comfortable with the process. Please note that it will be hard to debug problems if you don’t have a serial port (as it’s the only way you can get debug info from the hypervisor).

What I'm trying to do is porting ACRN hypervisor and SOS to my own device. (NUC6i5SYH)
I hope to find some hints from links that you had mentioned.

Thanks :)
Taekyoung Kim.

Re: Questions about ACRN's dependency and Other Linux Distro Supports

tk.kim@...

Hi Geoffroy.
Thank you for the clarification.
What I'm trying to do is porting ACRN hypervisor and SOS to my own device. (NUC6i5SYH)
I hope to find some hints from links that you had mentioned.

Thanks :)
Taekyoung Kim.

Re: Questions about ACRN's dependency and Other Linux Distro Supports

Geoffroy Van Cutsem

Hi Taekyoung,

With the latest release (v0.3), you should be using org.clearlinux.iot-lts2018-sos.4.19.0-19, we’re in the process of updating the Getting Started Guide to reflect these changes – see https://github.com/projectacrn/acrn-hypervisor/pull/1859. We will also need to update our tutorial on how to use Ubuntu as the Service OS as it is, as you’ve noted, out of date in a few places. I have filed a ticket to track that task: https://github.com/projectacrn/acrn-hypervisor/issues/1878

You’re absolutely right about the discrepancy about the kernel location. Ultimately, you can put it pretty much where you want on the ESP (/dev/sda1, the EFI System Partition), the key being to use the right path in your grub conf file. IMHO, the most logical location for that kernel would be under /EFI/Ubuntu