Date

Re: Does running an RT patched ubuntu as user vm require the service vm kernel to be RT patched

shibi590268@...

I installed an ubuntu os inside qemu as given in running ubuntu as user vm. I chose OVFM boot loader in qemu. After installation I downloaded the Linux kernel and rt patch, compiled and installed. After reboot rt patched kernel is loaded successfully in qemu. Then, I converted the qcow2 to img. I tried that also by creating another instance in qemu and using the generated image. It loaded successfully. I am facing the issue when using the same image in launch script.

I will update the messages from ACRN console tomorrow.

Re: Does running an RT patched ubuntu as user vm require the service vm kernel to be RT patched

Geoffroy Van Cutsem

Can you tell me how you installed the RT kernel inside the VM?

Do you have a serial port on your system running ACRN? If so, I would like to see the output from there.

Re: Does running an RT patched ubuntu as user vm require the service vm kernel to be RT patched

shibi590268@...

Geoffroy,
       Yeah I am using the same launch script.

Re: Does running an RT patched ubuntu as user vm require the service vm kernel to be RT patched

Geoffroy Van Cutsem

Are you using the same launch script when you can successfully launch the standard User VM?

Re: Does running an RT patched ubuntu as user vm require the service vm kernel to be RT patched

shibi590268@...

Hello Geoffroy,
          I am trying to run Ubuntu with RT patch applied. I followed https://projectacrn.github.io/2.0/tutorials/running_ubun_as_user_vm.html for converting qemu image to img with 20GB as disk space. The user vm runs as expected.

But I want to apply RT patch so i applied rt from inside qemu. It boots up properly inside qemu. Then, i converted the rt patched qcow2 image to img to use it with user vm. If i launch the launch script, it loads. But i don't get the login prompt even after a long time.

Is there any reference available for using RT patched Ubuntu Os as uservm?

Re: Has ACRN got the SIL 3 IEC 61508 certification?

shibi590268@...

Zou,
        Thanks for the update.

Re: Has ACRN got the SIL 3 IEC 61508 certification?

Zou, Terry

Yes, for Functional Safety certification,  ACRN v1.4 release already received IEC61508 Safety Integrity Level 3(SIL3) certification on  2021-09-06.

There is WeChat blog with cert paper for your information: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/Qd6aluIZ7LczV4n9I2lKtA

For ARM platform, there is no support for ARM-based processors at this stage. but ACRN is designed to support multi-architectures, so welcome anybody from community to discuss and contribute for ARM support, thanks.

Has ACRN got the SIL 3 IEC 61508 certification?

shibi590268@...

Hello All,
        I got to know that the ACRN hypervisor is on track to receive the functional safety certification.
Please provide the following information:
1. Has it been received or yet to receive? If it has not been received yet when is expected to receive?
2. When are the arm platforms expected to receive the support for the ACRN hypervisor?

We would like to evaluate it for a functional safety application.
"IEC 61508 is considered as the “Golden Standard” in the functional safety industry. ACRN is on track to receive the final functional safety certification by the end of 2020."

Re: Not all RAM usable in ACRN user VM

Liu, Fuzhong

Hi Christoph

Do you re-generate the board.xml and scenario.xml after adding two more 16 GB bars?

Please check following setting in scenario.xml:

   <PLATFORM_RAM_SIZE>0x400000000</PLATFORM_RAM_SIZE>

This value is for 16G memory, please update it to 0x900000000 and build ACRN again.

Thanks!

BR.

Fuzhong