Von: acrn-users@... [mailto:acrn-users@...] Im Auftrag von Geoffroy Van Cutsem
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. September 2021 17:13
An: acrn-users@...
Betreff: Re: [acrn-users] [WHL] launch two UOSs in the same time

That header file contains a fixed (and static) list of UUIDs that can be used to launch VMs. I’m thinking that perhaps what is happening is the acrn-dm uses the same UUID by default for the second VM because it is not specified via the command-line. Adding the -U parameter will force it to use a UUID that we have chosen ourselves, it *must* be one from the list in that header file.

Does that help clarify?

Von: acrn-users@... [mailto:acrn-users@...] Im Auftrag von Geoffroy Van Cutsem
Gesend
et: Donnerstag, 2. September 2021 16:21
An: acrn-users@...

Hi Jianjie Lin,

Do you have more logs to share when the second VM fails to start (acrn-dm console & serial port output)? Is that happening no matter which order you try to load them?

A couple of remarks/questions:

* Your industry.xml file only ever assigns pCPU 0 and 1 to all User VMs, but your console_launch_uos3_4.sh tries to use pCPUs 2 and 3

* Is gpu_launch_uos4.sh supposed to launch a Windows User VM? I see the ‘--windows’ parameter in it but it seems to want to use GVTg and picks up an image from a folder called “ubuntu_images”. The  “--windows” parameter makes acrn-dm use the Oracle Virtio block device.

[...]

Use different UUIDs in different launch scripts, pick any that is labeled as POST_STANDARD_VM_UUIDX in the https://github.com/projectacrn/acrn-hypervisor/blob/master/hypervisor/include/common/vm_uuids.h file

Geoffroy

Can I  use the UUID from each VM, or just two different random UUID

[...]

Thanks for trying these out and confirming the results. Do you have any more info from the ACRN hypervisor over the serial port?

As per my other email, I’m suspecting something wrong with the UUID being used in the background by the devicemodel, it would be interesting to try specify it in the launch script to see if it makes any difference.

Geoffroy

Do you have more logs to share when the second VM fails to start (acrn-dm console & serial port output)? Is that happening no matter which order you try to load them?

  • The output is attached. But it did not say anything.

A couple of remarks/questions:

* Your industry.xml file only ever assigns pCPU 0 and 1 to all User VMs, but your console_launch_uos3_4.sh tries to use pCPUs 2 and 3

àI fixed this problem by changing the industry.xml, thank you for pointing out. But the problem is still remained.

* Is gpu_launch_uos4.sh supposed to launch a Windows User VM? I see the ‘--windows’ parameter in it but it seems to want to use GVTg and picks up an image from a folder called “ubuntu_images”. The  “--windows” parameter makes acrn-dm use the Oracle Virtio block device.

à I remove the ---windows, but it also does not help. I can launch the gvt-g properly, if I launch the gpu_launch_uos3.sh.

[...]

Hi Geoffory,

Do you have more logs to share when the second VM fails to start (acrn-dm console & serial port output)? Is that happening no matter which order you try to load them?

è The output is attached. But it did not say anything.

[...]

Re: About Inter-VM Communication - Shared Memory

Musa Ünal <umusasadik@...>

Thanks Terry, I will look about it

Zou, Terry <terry.zou@...>, 2 Eyl 2021 Per, 11:48 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

Wo, you mean ivshmem shared memory privilege for each VM, actually you already referred the doc : )  https://projectacrn.github.io/latest/developer-guides/hld/ivshmem-hld.html

Specific to ivshmem, actually it is a simple protocol for virtual VM communication from qemu, just mapping share memory as virtual PCI device in VM. There is no privilege control for each VM, so in ACRN inter-vm commutation, we also follow the same way, no difference for each VM of shared memory R/W.

But if you have hard request for Write control, you can implement it in upper layer application or software right.

Best & Regards

Terry