Date
2020 ACRN Project Technical Community Meeting Minutes - WW28'20

Zou, Terry

ACRN Project TCM - 8th Jul 2020
Location
  1. Online by Zoom: https://zoom.com.cn/j/320664063
Attendees (Total 20, 8/7)

Note: If you need to edit this document, please ask for access. We disabled anonymous editing to keep track of changes and identify who are the owners of the opens and agenda items.
Opens
Note: When adding opens or agenda items, please provide details (not only links), add your name next to the item you have added and specify your expectation from the TCM
Agenda
  1. ACRN project update

  1. “WW28’20 Inter-VM communication Introduction (DM land)“ by LIU, Yuan
Download foil from ACRN Presentation->WW28’20
Description: Inter-VM communication Introduction (DM land), we will talk about shared memory based inter-vm communication solution on ACRN to meet high throughput and low latency requirements.

  1. All: Community open discussion.
Q&A: Q1 could Ivshmen solution support windows guest communication: Yes.

  1. Next meeting agenda proposal:
WW Topic Presenter Status
WW28 Inter-VM communication Introduction (DM land) Liu, Yuan1 7/8/2020
WW30 PTM virtualization Introduction Wang, Qian 7/22/2020
WW32 TSN pass through Introduction Wu, Binbin 8/5/2020
WW34 Safety VM introduction Mao Junjie 8/19/2020
WW36 TCC feature introduction-split lock Li Fei/Tao Yuhong 9/2/2020
WW38 Inter-VM communication Introduction (HV land) Liu, Yuan1 9/16/2020
Marketing/Events
  1. N/A
Resources
  1. Project URL:
  1. Portal: https://projectacrn.org
  2. Source code: https://github.com/projectacrn
  3. email: info@...

Re: ACRN + Kata Containers (and 'acrnctl')

Geoffroy Van Cutsem

Thanks for your explanation Vijay. It would make a lot of sense to me to build and install `acrnctl` even for a RELEASE=1 build. I'd like to hear from the engineering team if they have any objection to that. If not, I can prepare a patch to remove the conditional statements in the Makefiles.

[note: also adding the acrn-dev mailing list to make sure the developers see this thread]