Re: Clear Linux iot kernel LTS2018

Geoffroy Van Cutsem

-----Original Message-----
From: acrn-users@... [mailto:acrn-
users@...] On Behalf Of Miguel Bernal Marin
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 11:43 PM
To: acrn-users@...
Subject: Re: [acrn-users] Clear Linux iot kernel LTS2018

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 08:10:29AM +0000, Geoffroy Van Cutsem wrote:
I see some mix-up in this thread between bundles and packages. The
service-os bundle [1] includes a number of packages, such as the acrn-
hypervisor (hypervisor, devicemodel, tools), the kernels we use for the
Service OS and other useful things.

The change that's coming is that at the moment the kernels (SOS and UOS)
are coming from the linux-pk414 package (which included in the service-os
bundle) and the 'linux-pk' bundle respectively. Soon the service-os bundle
will be updated to include the linux-iot-lts2018-sos package that provides the
kernel for the Service OS. The 'kernel-iot-lts2018' should be used instead of
the 'linux-pk' one to install the Guest OS kernel. And we'll also need to adjust
all kernel names/versions throughout the Getting Started Guide document.

By the way, I think there was a small mistake that sneaked in below:
iot-lts2018-sos is shipped with service-os bundle.
iot-lts2018 (standard) is shipped with kernel-iot-lts2018 bundle.
Should read:
linux-iot-lts2018-sos is shipped with service-os bundle.
linux-iot-lts2018 (standard) is shipped with kernel-iot-lts2018 bundle.
Thanks for the clarification ;-)

Currently service-os bundle contains linux-pk414-sos and linux-iot-lts2018.
I guess you meant linux-iot-lts2018-sos here: https://github.com/clearlinux/clr-bundles/blob/master/bundles/service-os#L12 ;)

[1]
https://github.com/clearlinux/clr-bundles/blob/master/bundles/service-
os