Re: Intel Core i7 board options.

Geoffroy Van Cutsem

Hi Andrew,

I am not aware of a distributor in Europe. There are a couple of options I’m aware of:

I have never tried to order from Aliexpress but it says on the product page for example that they would ship to Belgium (where I’m located 😊), e.g.: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/5255223/search?origin=y&SearchText=whiskey

Regarding your question about validation, the short answer is that in most cases, it’s that we do not validate a particular combination. For some specific features, the obvious is that the underlying processor/platform needs to support it. A prime example of that would be Cache Allocation Technology (aka CAT), not all processor families support this. The one feature that seems to be causing the most trouble across CPU families is the graphics virtualization, i.e. GTV-g (for graphics sharing) and GVT-d (for graphics pass-through).

Now, the fact a combination of board/scenario is not validated today, does not mean we cannot add it. The project does not have unlimited resources but if there is enough interest for one, let’s talk about it!

Do you have a particular combination in mind already? Or more specific requirements you can share?

Cheers,

Geoffroy