Re: Intel Core i7 board options.

Andrew Back

Hi Terry,

Many thanks for the clarification.

Do you happen to know if there is a distributor in Europe for the WL-10 board? I cannot seem to find anywhere to buy this.

Regarding "supported", it's still not clear to me what this means. I appreciate that the level of granularity is scenario rather than feature, but I cannot ascertain whether lack of support for a particular board and scenario means "will not work" or "we have not validated". The distinction is quite important.

Best,

Andrew

On 17/12/2020 02:40, Zou, Terry wrote:

Hi Andrew, thanks very much for your interests of ACRN project. Yes ACRN is growing up very quickly, we enabled several HW platforms in: https://projectacrn.github.io/latest/reference/hardware.html

Started from Apollo Lake (NUC6CAYH/UP2) and Kaby Lake(NUC7i7BNH) with v1.0/…/6 releases for automotive usage, and enabled Whiskey Lake(WHL-IPC-I7) with v2.0/…/3 for Industrial scenario. Then started latest 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors (codenamed Tiger Lake-UP3).  Actually we are also looking for mature/commercial TGL NUC or UP Xtreme(www.aaeon.com/) on market, but no available board and conclusion yet. So welcome any preference/suggestion from you and community : )

So for Industrial usage, Whiskey Lake and Maxtang WL-10 board is still preferred platform. If you do not have available Kaby Lake NUC7i7xxx, you may wait for sometime, when TGL NUC or UP Xtreme ready in market. We will also keep you updated and refresh Supported Hardware in ACRN project page.

For ‘supported’ platform, we did not break-down each feature on HW, but general separated user scenario, e.g., Apollo Lake/Kaby Lake only for SDC scenario, but Whiskey Lake for all scenarios: Safety VM, Logical Partition…

Best Regards

Terry