From: VanCutsem, Geoffroy <geoffroy.vancutsem@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 2:29 AM
To: acrn-users@...; Dhanraj, Vijay <vijay.dhanraj@...>
Subject: ACRN + Kata Containers (and 'acrnctl')

Hi folks, Vijay,

The ACRN + Kata Containers configuration (described here [1]) includes a definition for 'ctlpath' that points at the 'acrnctl' binary. That binary is only built and installed for the debug version of ACRN (see also [2] for more details), which means you cannot run Kata Containers with a released version of ACRN today. I think we need to solve this and I can see two ways:
* Kata Containers does not really use that binary (and we can get rid of its definition) OR
* We make sure 'acrnctl' is also built and installed for a RELEASE=1 build

What would be the right way to fix this?

[1] https://projectacrn.github.io/latest/tutorials/run_kata_containers.html
[2] https://github.com/projectacrn/acrn-hypervisor/issues/4940

Thanks!
Geoffroy

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer
IAGS - System Software Products
Tel: +32 (0)3 450 0851

Intel Corporation NV/SA
Kings Square, Veldkant 31
2550 Kontich
RPM (Bruxelles) 0415.497.718.
Citibank, Brussels, account 570/1031255/09