Re: [acrn-dev] [acrn-users] ACRN on ThinkPad-L450 laptop

Victor Sun

Make sure your code include below commit:

commit cdd086a81d5997d52ace5a541c9b1e99ce35c24c
Author: Wei Liu <weix.w.liu@...>
Date:   Tue Nov 12 09:18:20 2019 +0800

    acrn-config: by-pass acpi_idle/acpi_cpufreq for parsing target board

    Current board parse logic would be broken if acpi_idle/acpi-cpufreq
    driver is not loaded by native kernel.
    This patch would just leave a warning to user and continue to parse
    other information in this case.

    Tracked-On: #4082
    Signed-off-by: Wei Liu <weix.w.liu@...>
    Acked-by: Victor Sun <victor.sun@...>

BR,

Victor

On 11/12/2019 10:19 PM, Victor Sun wrote:

Hi Rajagopal,

Please try the latest code, the acpi_idle driver check will be ignored if ACPI Cstate is not enabled in BIOS.

But you need to be aware that Cstate will not be supported in ACRN in this case.

BR,

Victor

On 11/12/2019 9:07 AM, Victor Sun wrote:

Hi Rajagopal,

This most likely you didn't enable ACPI Cstate in BIOS. Please double check.

We are working on a patch that bypass acpi_idle/acpi_cpufreq driver checking soon, will keep you posted when it is ready.

BR,

Victor

On 11/11/2019 10:46 PM, Rajagopal Aravindan wrote:
Hello Victor,

W.r.t the subject, we are getting the error "Error:acpi_idle driver is not found." when running board_parser.py.
PFA the relevant files.

Can you please help on what we are doing wrong here ?

Thanks,
Rajagopal