ACRN Project TCM - 26th June 2019
- ACRN project update
- FU, Kaige: Enable VxWorks as RTVM on ACRN
Q1: Regarding to polling mode driver, will CPU become always busy?
A1: No. There’s a timer to trigger the polling periodically?
Q2: Guest VxWorks is working on ACRN’s Sharing Mode, right? Have you tried VxWorks in partional mode?
A2: Yes, currently VxWorks is working on share mode. In our ACRN 2.0 roadmap, we’ll support Zephyr as Safety VM in partition mode. We haven’t tried VxWroks in partition mode but it should be doable.
Q3: Can we boot VxWorks as Guest VM without additional patches to VxWork?
A4: Yes. The vanilla VxWorks can run on ACRN. The additional patches are to enable RT capability for VxWorks when running as Guest OS.
Q4: Which chip support ioapic passthrough?
A4: We passthrough local apic, not ioapic. Right now, it can support KBL, WSL platform.
- All: Community open discussion.
- Next meeting agenda proposal:
||TPM2.0 virtualization in ACRN
||Polling mode Virtio and its advantage for RT VM
||Buffer sharing from UOS to SOS, HyperDMA usage
||USB HUB Virtualization
||ACRN Device Model QoS Design
||ACRN Debug Tips
||GVT-g debug trace tool
||Kata Container Architecture: First Steps with ACRN
||One ACRN hypervisor to support multi-platform
||Power button key mediator design in ACRN
||Local APIC Virtualization Enhancement for Intel KBL platform
||Safety VM Support
||How to customize GPIO in ACRN
||ACRN Cache QoS support based on CAT
||ACRN Real-Time measurement Methodology
||SGX Virtualization in ACRN
||Logger Improvement on acrn-dm
||AcrnGT Virtual Display Deep Dive
||Local APIC Emulation and Pass-through
|ACRN Functional Safety: Understanding and Mitigating Inter-VM Interference
||Enable VwWorks as RTVM on ACRN
- July 17th, 2019 Automotive Linux Summit Japan, 2019
- Project URL:
- Portal: https://projectacrn.org
- Source code: https://github.com/projectacrn
- email: info@...g
- Technical Mailing list: acrn-dev@...g
- Recommended Hardware platform (reference):
- Apollo Lake (SoC) UP2 (with serial port): AAEON
- Apollo Lake (SoC) NUC (without serial port): NUC6CAYHL (at least 8G memory)
- Kabylake (Core) NUC (with serial port): NUC7i5DNHE
Tel: +86-21-6116 7445
MP: +86-1364 1793 689