Re: service VM ohne GUI einzulogen

Jianjie Lin

Hi Geoffroy,

Thank you very much for your reply

Regarding #1, you don’t need to modify the hypervisor for this. You can reconfigure the Service VM OS to boot in console mode. Assuming you are using Ubuntu, you can do so using “sudo systemctl set-default multi-user”

è Thank you for your suggestion

Regarding #2, I’m assuming that you did, but can you confirm that you verified that the User VM had the correct number of vCPUs assigned to it? (checking ‘lspcu’, or in ‘/proc/cpuinfo’).

è lspcu, you mean lscpu? We assign the four cores to the uos, and lscpu (or cat /proc/cpuinfo) also shows four cores. Besides, I am curious to ask, since we assign four cores to uos and have eight cores in total. (actually four physical core, and due to the hyperthreading, we have eight cores). But we found that we still get eight cores after we launch the uos and use the command lscpu in the service VM. Is it correct?

I am not an expert on OpenVINO, but have you run a similar test in a native environment?

è Yes, we test in the native environment, it can have almost 32 fps, but we can only get 0.8 fps in the uos. There has a big gap.

What version of ACRN are you using? The vCPUs you are assigning to the User VM are not shared anymore I’m assuming, is that correct?

è We use the v2.0 for using the gvt-g.  for evaluating, we just launch one uos, I am assuming that service vm does not use “those vcpu.”

Thanks!

Jianjie Lin