Re: a proposal: to improve ACRN HV console as a bash-like console

Eddie Dong

OK, please send .

From: Cao, Minggui <minggui.cao@...>
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2022 7:54 PM
To: acrn-dev@...
Cc: Dong, Eddie <eddie.dong@...>
Subject: a proposal: to improve ACRN HV console as a bash-like console

Hi, all,

When I use ACRN HV console to get some info or set some configurations, usually I use minicom or picocom as terminal to connect with ACRN HV.

I found sometimes it is annoying for we can’t use the console as bash-like style:

  1. If you make a typo in a middle of the input command, you must remove (backspace) the letters from the end to change it.

The console does not support home/end/right/left key to move cursor to modify

  1. It can’t buffer the command history with up/down key

Although the HV console just support a few of commands now, if sometimes when you must use it frequently, it seems not a good experience.

I did a POC to improve the 2 points, code lines about ~200 in shell.c.

I’d like to get feedback from you to check if it is necessary to improve it.

Thanks!

Minggui

Join acrn-dev@lists.projectacrn.org to automatically receive all group messages.